My contact details
Name: Andriy Utkin
E-mail: email@example.com PGP 452094DD6AA717ED44862B24105CF649B36EC9D6
The type of personal information I collect
I currently collect and process the following information on decent.im XMPP users.
- Registration profile
- Pre-existing email address.
- Registered XMPP address.
- Date of registration.
- Support archive
- My email conversations with you.
- My XMPP conversations with you.
- All your XMPP messages archive and your settings.
Your IP address is used by the service software but is not logged.
How I get the personal information and why I have it
All of the personal information I process is provided to me directly by you, and used by me for the following reasons.
- Enabling the registration workflow.
- Enabling technical user support and access recovery.
- Enabling service improvement through understanding users' needs and preferences.
I do not receive any personal information indirectly from third parties.
I do not share this information with any organisations or individuals.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases I rely on for processing this information are the following.
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting me as given above.
- I have a legitimate interest.
How I store your personal information
Your information is stored in
- the servers where decent.im XMPP service runs, located in Germany and Finland in datacenters managed by Hetzner Online GmbH, registered in Germany;
- my own computers, located in the UK;
My email conversations with you are also stored in my fastmail.com account managed by FastMail Pty. Ltd, registered in Australia.
I keep all this personal information forever and do not currently have a process of periodical disposal of this information.
All your XMPP messages archive is also currently stored forever.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including the following.
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask me for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask me to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask me to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask me to erase your personal information in some cases.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask me to restrict the processing of your personal information in some cases.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in some cases.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that I transfer the personal information you gave me to another organisation, or to you, in some cases.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you.
Please contact me as given above if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about my use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to me as given above.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how I have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk